This asset allows games (or indeed any authenticated client or server) to store small amounts of data in the server, associated to arbitrary keys, and later retrieve, modify or erase this data. This allows, for example, high-score tables to be persisted, or players to save their games and continue playing later from a different device.
This is the server counterpart to the Client-side Game Storage Asset (2.4c.c), which provides a simple client-side library to store, modify, retrieve and delete the data managed by this asset.
This asset is fully functional.
(For user documentation, please refer to the client-side asset)
- Sources: https://github.com/e-ucm/rage-gamestorage-server
- Release: https://github.com/e-ucm/rage-gamestorage-server/releases
- Design: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j2Mb7k8PEAJeK5e-j5qXtMs2-JzWWFNMR__C9NStG_k/edit?usp=sharing
- REST API documentation: http://e-ucm.github.io/rage-gamestorage-server/
- Launcher (launches 2.1b + 2.4a + 2.4b + 2.4.c.s): https://github.com/e-ucm/rage-analytics