ReaderBench – Automated Identification of Reading Strategies
The use of reading strategies is widely recognized as a crucial determinant of reading comprehension. These strategies can be elicited through self-explanations. The automatically identified strategies within ReaderBench comprise of monitoring, causality, bridging, paraphrase and elaboration. Therefore, specific strategies used by learners become reliable predictors of comprehension; the usage of textual complexity indices also improves the overall accuracy.
- Implementation of new heuristics for the identification of reading strategies employed by learners
- Sources: https://git.readerbench.com/ReaderBench/ReaderBench
- Release: https://git.readerbench.com/ReaderBench/ReaderBench/tags
- Online demo: http://readerbench.com/demo/self-explanation
- User documentation: http://readerbench.com/docs/reading-strategies/manual
- Design: http://readerbench.com/docs/reading-strategies/sdd