The 32nd International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA 2019) will be held on July 1-3, 2019 in Paris, France. The conference is organized by Sorbonne (France), in cooperation with ACM-SIGGRAPH, under guidance of the Computer Graphics Society (CGS).
CASA was founded in 1988 in Geneva, Switzerland, and it is the oldest international conference in computer animation and social agents in the world. In the last ten years, CASA was held in Korea (2008), Netherlands (2009), France (2010), China (2011), Singapore (2012), Turkey (2013), United States (2014), Singapore (2015), Switzerland (2016), Korea (2017), China (2018).
WARNING: There is a conference called ICCASA 2019 that claims to be the 21st International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents in Bali in January 2019. This conference is not the official CASA and is launched by an organization World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology that is unfortunately very famous for its predatory publishing practices.
Please note that no paper submitted to ICCASA 2019 in Bali will be published in the journal Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds.
Only accepted papers submitted to CASA 2019 in Paris will be published in the journal.
We invite submissions of research full papers, short papers, and posters on a broad range of topics, including but not limited to Computer Animation, Embodied Agents, Social Agents, Virtual and Augmented Reality, and Visualization (see below for a detailed list).
For more information, please visit the CASA 2019 website: https://casa2019.sciencesconf.org
28 accepted full papers will be recommended to publish in a special issue of the Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds Journal published by Wiley (CAVW). The short papers and posters will be published in the ACM digital library. All submissions will be reviewed via a double-blind review process.
IMPORTANT DATES (23h59 UTC/GMT)
Full papers (10 pages)
- Submission Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance: April 8, 2019
- Camera Ready: April 22, 2019
Short papers (4~6 pages) and Posters (1 page)
- Submission Deadline: April 15, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance: May 5, 2019
- Camera Ready: May 15, 2019
- Catherine Pelachaud (CNRS-Sorbonne University, France)
- Michael Neff (University of California, Davis, USA)
- Soraia Musse (PUCRS, Bresil)
- Daniel Thalmann (EPFL, Switzerland)
- Zerrin Yumak (University of Utrecht, Netherlands)
SCOPE AND LIST OF TOPICS
CASA invites submissions on a broad range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Motion Control
- Motion Capture & Retargeting
- Path Planning
- Physics-based Animation
- Vision-based Techniques
- Behavioral Animation
- Artificial Life
- Facial Animation
- Image-based Animation
- Multi-Scale Models
- Knowledge-based Animation
- Social Agents and Avatars
- Emotion and Personality
- Virtual Humans
- Autonomous Actors
- AI-based Animation
- Social and Conversational Agents
- Inter-Agent Communication
- Social Behavior
- Crowd Simulation
- Machine learning
Other Related Topics
- Animation Compression and Transmission
- Semantics and Ontologies
- Anthropometric Virtual Human Models
- Acquisition and Reconstruction from Big Data
- Cultural Heritage Applications
- 3D Physiological Humans
- 3D Telepresence
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Social Robots
- Deep Learning methods