The overall approach of the RAGE project comprises five closely-connected elements implemented in a work plan composed by ten work packages.
Research and technology development
- Guide research excellence to applicability and usability for the game studios in our consortium. Division of work along multiple small RTD-teams that adopt a SCRUM-like approach for agile iterative development, quick wins, small scale experiments and testing of prototypes.
The approach is aligned by WP1 (Methodological alignment), which also warrants generalisability of outcomes. Assets creation is covered by WP2 and WP3. WP2 is about diagnosing the learner´s overall condition in the game. WP3 is about arranging the most favourable interventions for supporting the learning.
Validation of the assets’ applicability
- Test assets and evaluate their usability for game developers by:
- The four game companies integrated in the RAGE consortium, which will be creating games for the application scenarios.
- Game developers from the wider community
The validation is aligned by WP8, which is responsible for the evaluation and validation of the applicability of assets (WP4), the evidence from the application scenarios (WP5), the functioning of the ecosystem (WP6) and the validity of the business cases (WP7).
Applied games’ pilots
- Arrange real world pilots in 6 different application contexts representing different markets and target groups for applied gaming
- Cover learning effectiveness and end-user appreciations.
- Provide evidence for a proof of concept
While WP4 addresses game developers that will test the assets and use these in applied game development, WP5 addresses application scenarios with training and education providers as well as end-users (learners) that will test the usability and effectiveness of the games developed
Validating the Ecosystem
- Extend gradually the population of participants in the network through tailored dissemination actions across the value chain
- Connect as much as possible to existing networks.
WP6 integrates the assets and resources repository in the ecosystem and arranges the processes for matchmaking, collaboration and technology transfer and WP9 fosters dialogues with stakeholders outside the consortium and interacts with all other work packages.
Validating the business models
- Validate the asset-based business cases developed by RAGE partners taking into account real world conditions
- Provide ecologically sound proofs of evidence for these, as to enhance impact.
WP7 addresses the interests of game industries by developing asset-based business cases and develop sustainable business model options for the ecosystem.