The goal of the Competence Assessment Asset is to uncover the competence state of a player while playing a game. In the game development process the competences covered by a game are defined and structured. Furthermore, the events or tasks in a game are identified that give evidence whether an individual competence is available or not. During game play this information is used by the asset to identify and update the competences that a player has available. The assessment result can be used by other assets to adapt the game play or to select an appropriate game. In addition, the result can be visualized in the dashboard of the UCM infrastructure. The figure below shows an illustration how the competences that are demonstrated by the player during the game play are assessed by the asset.
The main value of this asset is the detection of the competences a player possesses. In many cases, acquiring competences is the main goal of performing a learning activity. Through the assessment it can be validated if the learning goal is being achieved or if there is still a competence gap.
- Main functionality is complete
- Missing feature: connection with the Interaction Tracker (available by mid of July 2016)
- Missing feature: connection with the Game Storage Asset (unclear)
- Sources: https://github.com/RAGE-TUGraz/CompetenceBasedAssets
- Release: http://css-kti.tugraz.at/projects/rage/assets/software/CompetenceAssessmentAsset.zip
- Design: http://css-kti.tugraz.at/projects/rage/assets/designdocuments/DesignDocument-CompetenceAssessmentAsset.pdf
- Demonstration [to be released]: http://css-kti.tugraz.at/projects/rage/assets/demonstration/Demonstration-CompetenceAssessmentAsset.pdf
- User documentation: http://css-kti.tugraz.at/projects/rage/assets/userdocumentation/UserDocumentation-CompetenceAssessmentAsset.pdf